Every year dogs die from being left in unattended and overheated vehicles. Police vehicles typically leave the car’s AC running if they are not in the vehicle with their K-9. These K-9s dutifully protect their communities and handlers without hesitation and do it happily. But what happens if the AC starts to push out hot air? What happens if the engine shuts off? The horrific reality is that the vehicle will overheat rapidly and the K-9 will be trapped inside with no way to get out. Tragically, K-9s die from these heat-stroke related accidents every year.
Due to budget cuts in departments everywhere, police K-9s are going without life-saving equipment including vehicle Heat Alarms.
What if you could prevent this and help save a K-9s life or prevent K-9 heat stroke? YOU CAN!
Project Paws Alive has created a nationwide K-9 Heat Alarm Fund to provide law enforcement K-9 Units with K-9 Heat Alarm systems for agencies that cannot afford to purchase the equipment for their K-9 vehicles.
The K-9 Heat Alarm units are the best available professional units on the market which monitor and alert high heat vehicle cabin temperatures AND include a door-popper system which will enable to K-9 to exit the vehicle automatically in the event the officer is unable to respond in time. This system not only makes automatic corrective actions to the heat, it audibly and visually alerts everyone nearby. As a last measure, the system will open the vehicle door allowing the K-9 to exit. From beginning to end the officer is alerted via horns, sirens, lights and digital transmitters worn on their person.
The unit also includes a cold temp alert should the vehicle temp drop below a set degree for year-round K-9 protection.
NO K-9 LEFT BEHIND ADD-ON:
Project Paws Alive will include the “No K9 Left Behind” add-on to each system donated. The “No K9 Left Behind” option is exclusive to AceK9 and provides an end of shift system monitor which will alert and continue to alert until the door to the K-9 has been fully opened to release the K9 and the officer has acknowledged the release of the K-9. Thus providing yet another layer of safety to protect against distractions and other instances where a K-9 may be accidentally left in a vehicle at the end of shift.
To make a tax-deductible donation to the K-9 Heat Alarm Fund for Law Enforcement K-9 Units please use the PayPal button below.
Checks may also be mailed to Project Paws Alive Inc., 1911 Grayson Highway, Suite 8-158, Grayson, GA 30017. Please include “Heat Alarm” in the memo line.
Project Paws Alive has partnered with AceK9 to offer their line of vehicle heat alarms through exclusive pricing. In most cases the Hot n’ Pop Pro system will be donated to the respective agencies.
Detail specs: The AceK9 Hot n’ Pop Pro unit monitors vital components including temperature sensors and vehicle battery voltage. The information is shown on a 32-character backlit alphanumeric display. If an alarm condition is detected, the unit will activate a S.O.S. Horn Honk signal, siren and light-bar activation and dual window drop. The K9 Door Popper® releases your K-9 partner from the vehicle to be by your side in an emergency situation. A special Door Pop Stopper™ feature disables the K9 Door Popper® when the vehicle is in gear. The systems come complete with Door Popper Remote, external antenna, wiring, and assorted hardware. Software based features allow for future upgrades.
Detail K9 Heat Alarm Components:
- S.O.S Horn Honk™ Feature- “makes the vehicle horn sound like no other”.
- S.P.S Safety Pop Stopper™ Feature- This extremely important feature protects your canine by preventing door activation when the vehicle is in motion.
- Exclusive Fast Pop™ Feature- Door pop/unlock timing sequence “The fastest door pop/unlock sequence in the industry!”
- Door Pop/Unlock sequence is triggered at the press of One Button, no need to press one button to unlock the door and another to unlatch the door as with other door opening units.
- Siren Activation
- Light Bar Activation
- Dual Window Drop Module
- Dual Remote Temperature Sensors with extended 15′ cables – Place sensors where you want!
- The most accurate K9 Temperature Sensors on the market with accuracy better than 0.5° F Dual real-time resolution 0.1° F
- Temperature alarm threshold is easy to adjust.
- Dual Purpose Alert, Monitors Hot & Cold with Exclusive Ak9 Cold Alert™
- Full alphanumeric LCD display- Comprehensive status reports with easy setup.
- Modular design allows options to be added to fit your specifications or as budget allows.
- Non-volatile memory for temperature alarm setting- Temperature alarm setting is permanent until user reprograms.
- Monitors and displays vehicle battery voltage- sets off alarm before battery failure.
- Complete self-diagnostics of both control head and temperature sensors – Warns if problem with one temperature sensor and sets off alarm if both sensors fail!
- Long range digital transmitter with holster – easy to carry, wear, or conceal.
- External antenna kit.
- Gas spring fully extends and holds door open for safe canine release.
*Heat Alarm units and optional components selected and used by law enforcement K-9 Units may change from what is listed above at the discretion of each agency based on vehicle type and equipment needed.
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation today to the
K-9 Heat Alarm Fund for Law Enforcement K-9 Units using the PayPal button above.
Checks may also be mailed to Project Paws Alive Inc.,
1911 Grayson Highway, Suite 8-158, Grayson, GA 30017.
Please include “Heat Alarm” in the memo line.
We will mail you back a tax-deductible receipt.
If you would like to sponsor a K-9 Heat Alarm please contact us directly
at Cheryl@ProjectPawsAlive.org or by using the “Contact” tab above.
Please help us in preventing accidental Law Enforcement K-9 vehicle heat exhaustion deaths.
Does it really work? YES!
Watch these videos of the system from CBS News, Animal Planet, and First Responder Agencies.